0:28-1:04: Welcome back and Introduction of Dr. Dunn
1:05-6:18 Foundation of antiplatelet therapy with aspirin in ISIS-2 trail and VA Cooperative Study. What is up with that subgroup analysis?
6:19-10:39: Percutaneous intervention joins conversation develops and STARS trial compares Aspirin alone, aspirin + warfarin, aspirin + ticagrelor in the setting of stenting.
10:40-13:57: The twelve-month duration and DAPT is established as standard of care in ACS with CURE and PCI-CURE.
13:58-23:37: More potent P2Y12 inhibitors evolve DAPT approach with TRITON (prasugrel), PLATO (ticagrelor). But what are their niches (TRILOGY-ACS).
23:38-24:24: Episode 1 closing
- ISIS-2 Collaborative Group. Randomized Trial of Intravenous Streptokinase, Oral Aspirin, Both, or Neither among 17187 Cases of Suspected Acute Myocardial Infarction. The Lancet 1988;332:349-360.
- Lewis HD, et al. Protective Effects of Aspirin against Acute Myocardial Infarction and Death in Men with Unstable Angina — Results of a Veterans Administration Cooperative Study. N Engl J Med 1983;309:396-403.
- Leon MB, et al. A Clinical Trial Comparing Three Antithrombotic-Drug Regimens after Coronary Artery Stenting (STARS). N Engl J Med 1998; 339:1665-1671.
- Yusuf S, et al. Effects of Clopidogrel in Addition to Aspirin in Patients with Acute Coronary Syndromes without ST-Segment Elevation (CURE). N Engl J Med 2001;345(7):494-502
- Mehta SR, Yusuf S, Peter RJG, Bertrand ME, et al. Effects of pretreatment with clopidogrel and aspirin followed by long-term therapy in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention: the PCI-CURE study. Lancet 2001;358:527-533.
- Wiviott SD, Braunwald E, McCabe CH, et al. Prasugrel versus clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndromes. N Engl J Med. 2007;357(20):2001-2015.
- Wallentin L, Becker RC, Budaj A, et al. Ticagrelor versus clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndromes. N Engl J Med. 2009;361(11):1045-1057.
- Roe MT, et al. Prasugrel versus Clopidogrel for Acute Coronary Syndromes without Revascularization (TRILOGY-ACS). N Engl J Med 2012; 367:1297-1309