In this episode, Dr. Zac Noel helps us navigate through the ENTRUST-AF PCI trial as well as dual vs. triple antithrombotic therapy.
0:41-1:42: Introduction of Dr. Zachery Noel
1:43-4:35: ENTRUST-AF PCI Overview
4:36-5:46: Zac’s Overall Thoughts
5:47-6:33: Dual antithrombotic therapy for everyone?
6:34-7:38: Patient population in ENTRUST-AF PCI
7:39-9:03: Other P2Y12 inhibitors
9:04-10:13: Ischemic outcomes
10:14-11:18: Who should receive dual antithrombotic therapy?
11:19-14:28: Zac’s Final Thoughts
14:29-15:38: Closing/New Year’s Resolutions
- ENTRUST AF-PCI: Vranckx P, Valgimigli M, Tijssen J, et al. Edoxaban-based versus vitamin K antagonist-based antithrombotic regimen after successful coronary stenting in patients with atrial fibrillation (ENTRUST-AF PCI): a randomised, open-label, phase 3b trial. Lancet 2019;394(10206):1335-43.
- AUGUSTUS: Lopes RD, Heizer G, Aronson R, et al. Antithrombotic Therapy after Acute Coronary Syndrome or PCI in Atrial Fibrillation. N Engl J Med 2019;380(16):1509-24.
- PIONEER AF-PCI: Gibson CM, Mehran R, Bode C, et al. Prevention of Bleeding in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation Undergoing PCI. N Engl J Med 2019;375(25):2423-34.
- RE-DUAL: Cannon CP, Bhatt DL, Oldgren J, et al. Dual Antithrombotic Therapy with Dabigatran after PCI in Atrial Fibrillation. N Engl J Med 2017;377(16):1513-1524.
- WOEST: Dewilde WJ, Oirbans T, Verheugt FW, et al. Lancet 2013;381(9872):1107-15.
- Dual vs. Triple Antithrombotic Therapy Meta-Analysis: Lopes RD, Hong H, Harskamp RE, et al. Safety and Efficacy of Antithrombotic Strategies in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation Undergoing Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: A Network Meta-analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. JAMA Cardiol 2019;4(8):747-55.